The Tech Lab endeavors to create a whole new generation of tech innovators and developers in Bangladesh and ultimately, in the world. Being the first of it’s kind in the country and in the world, it provides Engineering education such as Programming, Electronics and Robotics to the children and youths in the country.
The Tech Lab also consists of a department of Research and Development (R&D) that works with different real-life problems and solves that with technology. It also intends to get into the industry in order to make a difference in peoples’ lives in both ways.
What The Tech Lab has done so far
The Tech Lab was founded on September, 2015. Along with carrying out our regular programmes and activities, we have been going out meeting kids and youths from various backgrounds, interacting with them at schools and universities through workshops and events. So far we have had over 2,500 kids and youths participated at our workshops and events.
Below are some of the places The Tech Lab has gone for workshops:
- The New School, Dhaka
- American Standard International School (ASIS)
- International School Dhaka (ISD)
- Scholastica, Uttara Section
- LORDS – An English Medium School
- BAF Shaheen College Dhaka
- European Standard School, Dhanmondi sections
- Bhulta High School and College, Narayangonj
- BRAC University
- Canadian International School Bangladesh
- Bloomfield International School Dhaka
Participated and Organized events
- KiAnonodo, organized by Kishore Alo, Prothom Alo in the years 2015, 2016 and 2017, 2018, 2019.
- The Joys of Innovation, co-hosted with It’s Humanity Foundation at BRAC University in the year 2017.
- Programming contest at BAF Shaheen College Dhaka.
- “Start-up Expo” by North South University MBA Club at North South University in the year 2017.
- An open session at White-Board, an initiative of GrameenPhone.
- 1st Electronics Information Technology Research Conference (EITRC) by CRISAT at Sountheast University, Bangladesh.
Appearances in media
The Tech Lab along with the kids and their creations have had their share of media exposure from online, radio, TV and print media getting featured more than 50 times over the past 2 years. Below are some of the significant appearances:
- Al Jazeera English
- Jamuna TV : Programme – “START!” on episode 50
- Campus – Campus, Independence day special, Radio ABC
- Radio Next
- Dhaka FM
- Radio Dhol
- ATN News
In the year 2016, The Tech Lab was selected as one of the top 100 Startups from Asia to participate at Echelon 27 (E27) at Singapore on June 2016. The E27 is one of the largest start-up communities in Asia, hosting international start-up conferences where start-ups are exposed to mentors, investors and clients from all over the world.
Phone number – +8801407312268
E-mail – [email protected]